Tuesday, August 11, 2009

registry?!? more things?!

You can say that b/c of my wonderful Aunts and gramma, i have everything nice for my itty bitty condo.. esp. for someone who doesn't bake nor cook; i have pans, pots, several sets of fine china, crystal barware, silverware, kitchenaid mixer, knives, cooking utensils, waffle maker, toaster oven, microwave, swch maker, blender, furniture, tons of houseware stuff.. and so on.. I honestly can say we don't need anything.. so, i had suggested previously at a dinner to my aunt when she asked me what my registry is that i would register for charity donations.. to my surprise, i got yelled at b/c that is a tradition that is for a funeral! a funeral!? to think it was a new trend, but i guess my family may not be that trendy..

lately my friends and some coworkers have been asking me about my registry again, so i guess i am forced (again, maybe i m just a pushover?!) to get a registry.. so, i looked up myregistry.com and went through every single item on the list with my fiance and we have each item or we don't need it since we do not cook or bake.. finally, someone suggested what about ur honeymoon.. well, my honeymoon is already taken care of (flights and all) + my whole family will be going! what about nice restaurants? well, i'm a very simple girl and eat at the same places locally all the time.. i really do not care for any sheeshee restaurants.. to be honest, have no energy nor time to go to them.. so, finally after half an hour of trying to convince me what i need for my registry, someone suggested putting things that i like to go to weekly; like trader joe's, costco, nordys, my church, etc.. so, thanks to their great suggestion, i included something like this:
"We are not registered since our place is too small, but here are some places we like to go to: Trader Joe's, Costco, Nordstrom, Central Peninsula Church" (i was able to slip in there a donation to my church but in a nicer way)

Also, for brides-to-be out there, if ur still not sure what to include, here are some great ideas: http://weddings.weddingchannel.com/wedding-registry-ideas/bridal-registry-guide/articles/4-hot-wedding-registry-trends.aspx

So, i'm glad i can get that off my checklist.. 1 down, ten million things more to go! ;p



No comments:

Post a Comment