Thursday, August 27, 2009

NOW: gratidute challenge d9

 
So for day 9 of the gratitude challenge i have to take a moment to appreciate and enjoy the people around me.. i guess i jumped ahead of the challenge w/o even knowing it from my blog posts from the start.. oops..

after having to deal with a rude person over the past few days, it makes me appreciate even more the positive ppl around me that have been very supportive..  and those i haven't forgotten, that have left great memories or been a huge part of my life..

-my dad, again for just being the calm, level headed reasonable dad.. someone who actually listens and doesn't make assumptions.. i'm glad i finally got through and was able to tell u first hand how much i appreciate you (which was one of the actions for day 7 in the gratitude challenge)
-my fiance who has been nothing but a huge support and putting up with the ups and the downs..

-my bridesmaid, s. for just listening and always reaching out to show that she really cares..
-my good friend, y. for putting up with kraziness and just being there.. thanks for coming to check out linens w/ me the other day..  thanks for organizin my bachelorette.. i can't wait!!
-my friend t. in hkg, for sending me those notes we used to pass around in 8th grade and high school, it has brought back great memories!!! i have to still dig up mine in hkg and send those to u!  ;p
-my coworkers who have given me great advice when dealing w/ unwanted stresses from their wedding plannings and experiences..
-curlz for reaching out and sharing her experiences w/ her wedding experience, was just what i needed to hear..
-my friend n, for those great memories on the dance floor..and ur funny stories that i will never forget..
-my aunt d. and uncle m. in LA who took me in thru college and really made me feel like part of their family..  i appreciate all the great advice u gave during my college years.. and i truly miss u all..
-my ahmama, she may not read this, but i will always remember my childhood days when she shared stories with me, sang to me and was just a true loving grandmother to me..
-my cousin jas and y for really being there for me when my fiance and i had our disagreement..if it weren't for u guys, not sure if we would've talked and got over that disagreement..
-my fiance's mom, for always cooking and having my fiance bring me food even when she's busy.. always asking how everyone in my family is doing.. showing that she genuinely cares..
-one of my aunts who passed away last year; i know she is watching over us, she really has an amazing heart and to know that her last words were of kind words left on my voicemail.. i truly appreciate having someone like her in my life..

just all the ppl around me, which there are many more; without all of you, this world would be a very lonely place.. building friendships and relationships, going through ups and downs, are all part of life and what makes me who i am today and i can say that i have been extremely grateful.. ok, i know it all sounds cheezy, but it's true.. again, i'm happily grateful for the ppl around me..  ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment