Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cakes anyone?


Thanks to my friend, M., i recalled she mentioned wholefoods for her wedding cake - reasonably priced and i guess decent tastes.. few others mentioned that place too! so, i looked them up on yelpers and there was a mention of looking for a baker named hiedi there.. so, i booked an apptmt with this lady named heidi from the SM wholefoods bakery.. she was super duper nice and migosh she busted out this plate of four humungous slices of cakes.. and i'm not the dessert queen.. my fiance is the total dessert queen and he was lucky that she boxed up what i couldn't eat for him.. i took a lil nibble at each flavor, and i actually liked the chocolate one.. she showed me her portfolio, which was like most other portfolios i've seen.. i told her i like simple and a hint of purple.. after all that, she totally shocked me with the price!! i thought she missed a zero! she quoted me like $135 for a 3 tier cake w/ flowers - 10inch, 8inch & 6inch.. migosh.. that's just insane.. + $50 delivery + $65 for a half sheet, which should feed about 100 people per her suggestion.. so, i'll def take that into account..

however, i'm still curious what the venue that i'm having my ceremony at will quote me.. esp. since he said that they can bake lil tiny cheesecakes w/ fruit on top for me to serve bite size for every person.. cost shouldn't exceed $1k!?! *gulp* hopefully it's not insane.. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment