Wednesday, August 19, 2009

mailing addresses and names??



instead of a complete vent, i am going to start off on a grateful note.. i am so grateful for my aunt e., my dad and my mom for gathering all 80+ names and addresses within less then a couple weeks...

ok, now i m gna vent.. my fiance's mom on the other hand.. as much as i respect her and usually get along with her, it is extremely frustrating since i can't even get names let alone addresses and she's only inviting what, 40 ppl or so?!?! wth.. i guess she thinks it's real easy to just print the invitations..

however, 40 ppl could mean = 20 invitations? 25 invitations?.. since they could be families, could be couples, singles... which she doesn't know.. she doesn't even know the ppl's names.. so, she said she wants 30 invitations and she'll hand deliver and get the names then.. however, does 30 invitations mean 60 ppl or 75? if so, then she needs to let me know so i can cut down more on my own personal list and send less invitations.. errr..

eventho, everything else i don't care a lot about, but the invitations is the most important to me, esp. since i work at Wedding Paper Divas and it sets the whole theme of the event.. it ties in my menu card, my favor tags, my table cards, my placecards, my floral arrangements! for the invitations; i have to print them out, line the envelopes with japanese paper, emboss the pra, print a floral pattern on the envelopes and on the rsvp envelopes, spray the env. with clear coat so the inkjet ink won't smear, number each rsvp (per my aunt's great suggestion, in case people don't put their names or write chicken scratch) and tie a ribbon on each set... so, it's a lot more complicated then just printing invitations.. to top it off though, if she can't get the names or addresses now (which has been over a month), i have a feeling she won't be able to get the proper names later for my placecards and table chart seating.. well, i guess it'll just be chaos the day of.. at that point, i'll just make sure i have enough mojitos to not worry about it and have my fiance deal with it! so, to end on a happier note, thank god for mojitos! oh, and hopefully then thank god for my fiance! ;p

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. I remember K's parents taking FOR-EV-ER to get names and addresses for his side of the family. In the end, I think we gave up and mailed 5 invites to the same address because it was just easier that way. we just let them figure it out when they received them! Anyway, I don't know if I'm helping in any way, other to say, I understand! But don't worry, soon this will all be behind you and the best day of your life will be here before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete