Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grateful for those around me.. ;p

so, before this challenge begins next week, i just wanted to start with just saying thanks to some ppl i am grateful for in terms of my wedding plannings, after all this is not my wedding, it's everyones! ;p

-my mom: despite her "you are getting married" push for the last how many years, i will always be grateful for her after all she is the one who bore me and gave me life and she is the rock/foundation of my family.. getting married is just a small thing i can do to make her happi.. i will forever be a million times grateful for her even though many times i do not show it.. despite our arguments or fights, she always forgives me the next second.. showing me her unconditional luv.. and always worrying & caring for me across the world away regardless of how busy or tired she may be.. .. i luv you mom!

-my dad: the other half of the gene pool, which made me who i am today.. my dad has always been a very supportive person.. he definitely treats me like his little girl, always giving me advice and being the logical one, teaching me how to be reasonable and thinking things through.. despite my temper, you never ever really ever get mad at me.. you've supported me all these years through school so that i never had to worry... of course, the person who's paying the bills for this wedding! hahaha ;p j/p.. he's the one who actually wanted me to have a proper ceremony.. so, in a way thanks to him i'm sure when i look back i'll treasure the "day".. i luv you dad!

-aunt e.: despite her coming off to others as being bossy sometimes, i know she always has very good intentions.. she is one of the closest aunt to me, took me in during my "pia" high school years, took my family in when we immigrated and just has been in a way, the head of the extended family.. taking charge and making decisions and always out of her heart doing things for me, making sure i have the little details of my wedding taken care of so less things to worry about.. -like, beautiful picture frame, cake knife, late night call abt numbering my rsvp cards, helping me w/ guest list, etc.. thanks for everything!

-uncle j.: another person who has always been so giving and generous.. in a way like a second dad since i grew up in their household.. and always feeding me and exposing me to many finer things in life.. of course, the fun uncle that always shows how to be the life of the party, def. teaching me to look at life with a glass half full.. half full with wine or beer or alcohol of course! hahaha.. cheers! ;p

-aunt s.: she was also part of the "joyce u should get married" push.. despite that i didn't really feel like getting married, i am still grateful for her.. if it weren't for her, i would still be looking for a venue for my ceremony.. so, in a way it has relieved a huge chunk of stress on me and one huge thing to check off my list.. to top it off, she cooks the yummiest food in the world.. ;p

-aunt y.: she let me live in her home for free when i graduated from college.. i think without her i wouldn't have been able to save up enough money to get my own place! she's always been very generous not only with her things, but with her luv and care.. thanks to her, my whole place is furnished and well stocked.. i don't even need a registry! ;p

-all my other aunts and uncles, cousins and relatives: all who have been very supportive and have sent us well wishes.. this wedding is obviously for all of you..
-----------
-one of my bestfriends, s.: of course she's my bridesmaid and she has been there for me when i first caught site of this hot boi at my gym.. i think if it weren't for her, i would've never seen the moment of my fiance helping his mom at the restaurant (which i guess touched my heart).. she's always been such a caring person and is always there for me as a perfect friend.. we've gone through party days and now i guess through the "wedding" days.. thanks s. for going with me for my scary makeup trial to co-organizing the "engagement party".. hopefully, u won't hate me after all this is done.. ;p

-one of my close friends, y.: what can i say, if she didn't just have a baby, i would also make her my bridesmaid.. she has done everything she can as a bridesmaid already.. from going with me to the reception venue to searching linen places for me, to co-organizing the "engagement party" to planning my bachelorette before i even broke the news.. hahaha ;p (i think she just wanted to party).. thanks for being more excited then i am!!

-all my other friends: thanks for all your friendships and having been there through the heartaches and fights and good times! i can't wait till we just party and drink, that's what the mohitos will be for! ;p
----------
-my manager, l.: for trying to convince me for months to get married and even giving me great advice! also, for letting me have time off during the busy season.. for listening to me rant about my family and the wedding.. most importantly, inspiring me to start this blog to vent... ;p

-our intern, a.: thanks for always helping me and keeping us sane when we have a million things to do at work.. w/o u i would have more things to stress abt..

-my friend/coworker, y.: who is like mama y., always feeding me, gosh i think i may need to go on diet now.. one of the most caring ppl that i know.. she shows me everyday how to be a giving person.. giving everything she has + more and never asking for things in return!

-my froyo/string cheez buddy, k.: thanks for always taking me out of the office for lunch and making me take a break! hahaha ;p i think i would be way more stressed if u weren't around...

-my bb/ot buddy, glee: u are seriously one of the most carefree ppl i know.. always bubbly and full of glee! hahaha ;p def. glad ur around to make things happi! ;p

-coworkers: thanks for all your great ideas from florists to center pieces and willingness to help with the invite, decor and favors..

-other coworkers/ppz: thanks for offering ideas and suggestions for the wedding, if i didn't have those, i would be lost and not even 10% there w/ the wedding plans!! ;p

-last but not least, my fiance: i would most likely have to write on forever, but i don't have the time nor space.. so i just want to say that i will always be grateful for having u in my life.. u make me laugh, cry, get mad, get happy, feel surprised, feel luvd, feeling all the emotions...

i am forever grateful for just the ppl in life.. that's why this blog is "Not Our Wedding", it's really for everybody around us..

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post especially since I know so many of the characters you mentioned! Your positive energy is inspiring me to not just be grateful for things, but more importantly to be grateful for those around me! Thank you for great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J- what is the difference between your "luved ones" and your "loved ones"? It sounds to me like you love them all the the same: a LOT! You are a sweetie.

    Go, go Gratitude Challenge! Let's see how this rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. It is so genuine and heartfelt and reminds me of similar people in my life that I cherish.

    ReplyDelete